TLDR: It doesn’t work
I have some Maxeon Sunpower C60 Cells at home. So not a whole panel, but the individual cells.
They have contacts at the bottom, are flexible, and are very efficient. But also very big, so I tried cutting them.
- 100% power = 20W @405nm diode laser
- 20 mm/s
- 20 passes
with some standard calibration pattern.
It’s difficult to see in reality too. The surface is very non-reflective and looks like very deep blue water and not like a surface.
I’ve also turned the cell around and lasered the bottom.
With these cells, the contacts are at the bottom. Which is a copper foil with traces on it. Really good to connect and very flexible.
After all that treatment is absolutely no visible difference. But the cell sprung when I picked it up. These cells are really stable normally. My guess is that the thermal cycling damaged them.